Interior Inspirations from My Web Favs, Part 1: Houzz

This is the first in a series of posts to introduce you (if you aren't already familiar) with some of my favorite stops for design inspiration on the web.  No idea what style, mood or atmosphere you want to create?  I have the perfect site to direct you to: Houzz is where its at!


I must warn you: A visit to houzz.com may be hazardous to your productivity...! You may want to set a timer because you can lose complete track and before you realize it , you will have whiled away hours searching, admiring and even creating your own albums.  Regardless, I definitely think the possible time-sink is a risk worth taking!


Why do I love Houzz?  Let me count the ways!
  • User-friendly.  Its so organized you don't have to be a computer-whiz.  Its pretty easy to search and find what you are looking for! 
  • Filters. You can search by style, space, or even metros - from the most basic to unique approaches to design.  If you wish, you can narrow in on a location or any combination of the three options.
  • Ideabooks. In case you don't want to get that specific, you might just want to make your trip over to Houzz a quick stop to simply browse and swoon over the ideabooks - yup, how nice is that...other people have done all the searching for you!   It can be a great afternoon pick-me-up when you need a break from work and just want to look at something pretty.
  • Buzz. Love this!  Users can upload their own images and get feedback from other readers or use this area to "buzz" about a detail or design you found and admired.  I love to see the work of my colleagues in the design field and I have to tell you, it is fun to see the creativity of some of the  DIY crowd too. Creativity is never-ending!
Check it out and please, let me know how much you love it!  And if you spent too much time.. woops, sorry, but you can't say I didn't warn you!

Just look at what caught my eye while searching by categories:


Search = "Architects":

Filter by Style = "Eclectic":

Search Photos = "Funky":
 Pink bathroom- apartment therapy eclectic bathroom

Search Ideabooks = "Storibook":
Austin Patterson Disston Architects traditional bedroom
So tell me, how much do you love it and what has caught your eye?


10 comments:

  1. The kitchen picture looks almost exactly like one of my clients homes! I had to look twice to be sure it wasn't her kitchen. Love those horizontal striped green drapes in the eclectic photo. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing one of my designs in your post. I love Houzz too, and the ability to search easily is my favorite feature. Love the funky bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Lisa, the drapes are gorgeous aren't they? I need to find out who the fabric was by; went to the Design Ctr. last week but didn't find it.

    Jane ~ your room design caught my eye immediately. I love the comfortable styling; relaxed and timeless.

    Thank you both for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, thanks for a great post and sharing about Houzz. I've never really explored it but will now. Loved everything about Jane Ann's serene room and those horizontal green striped curtains were fabulous! I've always loved alcoves so I really enjoyed the daybed, I'd love to curl up in it with a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, you asked what we like? Well, I have to say that the fresh periwinkle color on the ceiling of the last photo is magnificent. It is so new and a whimsical surprise compared to the typical soft, muted blues previously used on ceilings. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Anne & Nicole for letting me know you came by! I have to say Anne, that I love "nooks" to; on the one I have pictured, I think that oval window adds to much to the space. And Nicole, what do you think about the two different fabrics on the drapes. Can't usually pull that off but I love the effect in that room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bench niche and that sunny cheerful breakfast area are wonderful finds! I love them both. In fact, I might borrow that grey color from the bench niche for my family room!

    I've seen Houzz before, but I try not to spend to much time on it...because, like you said, it can be addicting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could (and have) get lost in Houzz for hours! Endless inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely spaceshey i am having a giveaway pls check and participate it will mean a lot to me~ deepali

    ReplyDelete
  10. Getting a sense of your style by looking at those favs... I adore them too. Nice choices. Tweet w/me during design star: #SDDesignStar Chat soon!

    ReplyDelete

Did I ever tell you how much I love your comments? I really do love hearing your thoughts after reading posts? Lets me know people are reading and helps us keep the conversation going!! ~ Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Craftsmanship: custom artistry by hand

Craftsmanship: custom artistry by hand
At Storibook Designs we create custom designs by hand; here it is not just sewing, it is art!