Shout-out Small Business Week!

Did you know this week was National Small Business Week?

I honestly can't even begin to express how challenging it is to own and operate a small business. That is not a complaint, it is simply a fact. Every reward, every success, every victory is multiplied when you are a small business owner as we are given some gratification for all the sweat, heart, passion, sometimes tears, sometimes sleeplessness, personal investments and sacrifices that were required for every achievment.

I worked for small business for much of my life. Prior to opening Storibook Designs I managed multi-million dollar budgets and in retail, lead the small store and staff I managed to achieve over $7 million dollars in annual sales. Even with that, I am here to tell you, none of it compares to being the one - the sole person - responsible for everying - a small-business owner!



I've learned that the only thing that truly prepares you for being a small business owner is being a small business owner! And, of course, a willingness to take risks, an ability to perservere through losses and the resiliancy to know and accept that failure is as much a part of success as is victory.

To all my fellow small-business owners out there, I salute you! What it takes to keep things going is no small thing at all. Congratulations on living your dream, accumulating successes and keeping it going!

If you haven't supported a small business this week, I hope you will!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did I ever tell you how much I love your comments? I really do love hearing your thoughts after reading posts? Lets me know people are reading and helps us keep the conversation going!! ~ Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Craftsmanship: custom artistry by hand

Craftsmanship: custom artistry by hand
At Storibook Designs we create custom designs by hand; here it is not just sewing, it is art!