Design: Where do my ideas come from?

There are several questions that I seem to get asked by every single client. Aside from, "you must have amazing treatments in your home?", to which the answer is, "not really....you know the story of the cobblers son....", one of the most common is, "where do you get your ideas?". mmhhh, good question.

I definitely react to fabric IMMEDIATELY. I don't just SEE a fabric, I see a whole story when I look at it. I guess most people who are perhaps wired differently than I, just see a blue fabric. Me? I see a blue, plush slipcover on down-wrapped floppy cushions and a thick brush fringe, the pillows to go with it ......

I think I'm an observer. I think I always have been and my mind is always busy. For that reason, I can't pinpoint a specific source where my ideas come from. They just flow continuously and that is the way its always been. Fortunately, they are ideas that are appreciated and put to good use!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did I ever tell you how much I love your comments? I really do love hearing your thoughts after reading posts? Lets me know people are reading and helps us keep the conversation going!! ~ Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Craftsmanship: custom artistry by hand

Craftsmanship: custom artistry by hand
At Storibook Designs we create custom designs by hand; here it is not just sewing, it is art!