Installations: each one is unique!

When I started Storibook Designs I admit that I never really prepared myself for the level "installation" would play in the business and in my daily life for that matter. A person of vision, of ideas, quick to flow with design possibilities, I didn't always have to go the next step and think through the installation.

But in my business, installation is an integral part of the design. If I can think it, create it, then I damn well better be able to install it. .... or KNOW exactly how it will be mounted so that I bring my installers to a job prepared. As the designer, it is my responsibility to think through the installation at the time of design so I am not blindsighting my installers on the job site.

I learn something new about tools, anchors, building construction, drapery hardware, etc. with every single job. As a result, things like toggle bolts, L-brackets, wall anchors and drillbits are on my standard shopping list!

With all that I've learned the last few years, I admit that it brings a smile to my face when a customer says, "Wow, you really know your way around a toolbox". A compliment like that almost makes every physically exhausting installation worthwhile.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Craftsmanship: custom artistry by hand

Craftsmanship: custom artistry by hand
At Storibook Designs we create custom designs by hand; here it is not just sewing, it is art!