What Does it Mean to be Green?


There is no doubt our industry has gone through a radical change in the last few years with the economy, the change in client buying patterns and the Internet. The most lively trend we all see is the movement toward "Green" Design. We are hearing words sustainable, eco-friendly, organic, organically grown, harmonically grown, renewable, etc. on a daily basis. Its still a relatively new concept and for many it can be confusing.

In this business, as with most, we have to invest in life-long learning, and when it comes to Green Design, I am looking forward to learning more! More and more of my customers are coming to me everyday asking about “smart” fabrics, eco-friendly fibers and green products. And I have many questions myself. So I've decided to take the next step and I am attending the Green Design Summit on June 29 & 30. This will provide me with the education I need to bring you, my customers, the latest product offerings and information that will help us all to be more gentle to our environment and health and consider more energy-efficient and earth-concious options.

I am very excited about this and look forward to bringing all this new knowledge and product offerings to you going forward.

Please check back with me for highlights from the event!

In good health,

Sarah

P.S. For my industry friends, if you want to attend the Summit, you can check it out: http://bit.ly/mOqqQ Its quite worthwhile as they are also providing a "We Do It For You bonus" that will help us to incorporate this all into our business after the event. They also just released a promo today, so if you sign up, use code GDS2009to get $50 off the registration!

4 comments:

  1. Sarah, You're such a mover and a shaker! Great to see someone in the industry taking the "green" leap. Maybe we'll see some articles on this topic in the D & D Pro mag coming from you soon????
    God speed,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too sweet Nicole; there are many more "movers & shakers" in green design b4 me though. I feel like I'm getting a late start but I promise to catch up quickly :-)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish that it were easier to be green. I think that many big box stores are making it easier, but I wish that it were easier to find green crafting supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marie, keep being vocal in your requests. It will happen and continue to spread but we need the consumers help too. Keep letting your voice be heard that "green" and eco-friendly alternatives are important to you across the board! Thank you for commenting here today! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Did I ever tell you how much I love your comments? I really do love hearing your thoughts after reading posts? Lets me know people are reading and helps us keep the conversation going!! ~ Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Craftsmanship: custom artistry by hand

Craftsmanship: custom artistry by hand
At Storibook Designs we create custom designs by hand; here it is not just sewing, it is art!