Jackie Blue Home

It is impossible not be be WOW'd by Jackie Von Tobel. What she has accomplished with the release of her book, The Design Directory, and all things that have followed since, are nothing short of extraordinary. ... but reviewing her more recent endeavors.. one can not help but to be truly blown away. I was paying one of my regular visits to her blog - an inspiration all by itself - to check out the new postings of fabric designs and 1st strikeoffs in her upcoming fabric line.
All I can say is WOW.. I'm going to guess that Jackie is even amazing herself. The fabrics are going to be outstanding.

The average person does not d0 this? .... become an "accidental" author, met with immediate rave reviews (we love that book and can't wait for her next one... ), shortly thereafter strike a deal with an interior design software company, and to follow that...be sought after to develop a line of fabrics based on the illustrations in her book.

Jackie is like the American Idol of Textiles.. or Interior Design...
Can you say PHENOMENAL... I'm so excited. You know that fabric is a thrill for me in all forms, so for me it's like having to wait to open my Christmas presents or being told a great secret and then being told that you have to keep it to yourself.... huh?

Atleast this doesn't need to be a secret. You can share in excited anticipation with me. I will try to keep up with Jackie and in turn, keep you all informed of her latest artistic endeavors.

8 comments:

  1. I agree, she is so talented. I had the pleasure of meeting her last market and interviewed her for my blog. Love her window treatment book !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the link to my post and interview if you want to check it out.

    http://bgcustomwindows.blogspot.com/2010/04/jackie-von-tobel-interview.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for including the link Tammy. That was a great interview. Jackie is so amazing; I look forward to meeting her IRL too. I am guessing that will be in the spring at the Las Vegas Window Fashions show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the pleasure of meeting Jackie at IWCE this year. FUNNY GIRL!!! We were both shopping for an early morning chocolate fix! I'm looking forward to Vegas, maybe we'll meet in the hunt for chocolate too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would definitely not be unlikely that we would bump in to one another in search of a chocolate fix!!! If we are both going to be in Vegas we should be sure to make plans to meet!!

    Thanks for the convo Lesa!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what Jackie is doing, was just at an event in NJ where she had two sessions I was able to attend, and as Lesa said,she is a FUNNY and FUN GIRL to hang out with. Vegas will be a blast as that is her home turf !

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK it's a date! Sarah,Sue and Lesa...
    Watch out Vegas!!!! I'm thinkin' a cocktail fix this time around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, Oh me, let me see
    Is it JVT
    A quote I have for thee,
    but, first I must pee
    Thinking, figuring,
    Oh what could it be?
    I've forgoten something
    Oh, I see------------
    I've forgotten to pay me!

    The Drapery Lady

    ReplyDelete

Did I ever tell you how much I love your comments? I really do love hearing your thoughts after reading posts? Lets me know people are reading and helps us keep the conversation going!! ~ Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Craftsmanship: custom artistry by hand

Craftsmanship: custom artistry by hand
At Storibook Designs we create custom designs by hand; here it is not just sewing, it is art!