Tuesday's Tips: Party Planning

Sometimes I get requests that go beyond the standard home decor.  Parties are a biggie! People are always looking for ideas to make their special celebrations unique.  There are lots of reasons to host a party and especially this time of year.  Fall birthday's, Halloween and then of course the holidays.  So for today's tips, I thought you might appreciate a few fantastic resources for making your parties more fun and festive.

I'll start with the talented Paper and Pigtails. Besides and adorable name for her Etsy shop, her products are just too cute to resist. For girls or boys, you purchase some of the cutest invitations that you can print at home on your own computers.  Party printables.. how awesome is that?  Be sure to check them out.



And how about cake? I know Maine is not a convenient location for all my readers, but for those of you in and around Boston, you must check out Z Cake Lab.  This is the brand new business of Zach Olbrych, although you will see from his work, this is clearly not a new endeavor.  Zach is a magnificient artist and since the day I saw his sneaker cake, I've been a huge fan!






But his cakes are more than just pretty to look at... they are delicious too!  I mean seriously, take a look at this!! Makes you wish for a slice, doesn't it?  Yum!!


I think I need to find a reason to order a cake myself. STAT!  Hmmm, halloween is a good enough reason, right? 



My party planning tips would not be complete if I didn't lead you to Pizzazzerie!  This is the young brain-child business of Courtney McPherson Dial but you wouldn't know it! She's got a great team on board with her - including the incredibly talented Phronsie Horton Dial, the artist behind the themed tablescape designs, and together they leave no stone unturned.  Their daily posts provide endless inspiration for throwing the perfect party, from recipes, hostess and gourmet guides and ENDLESS imagination.  I love their recent Pink-O-Ween endeavor.  Anders Ruff Custom Designs and Courtney have teamed up to raise money for the Susan G. Komen Foundation

 


So what is the next celebration you are going to start planning? I hope these resources are of use and provide new inspiration and excitement.  Do you have any great tips for hosting, planning, throwing a great party?  Please share with us.  We love to hear from our friends!

9 comments:

  1. So many great ideas! I love the cakes! Thank you for including me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those entertaining ideas were great! I always love the idea of entertaining, but can never dedicate the time to do so. One day I want to have an entertaining event at my home once a season... hey, I can dream. :) Great inspiration though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all deserve to incorporate more entertaining in our life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just came from Christmas tree shop they had some beautiful thin metal cupcake and cake servers in baby pink, cream and red and green for xmas. Lovely for entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think if I could change careers, it would be to baking cakes. I just LOVE watching Cupcake Wars on Food Network. One of my triplet daughters loves to bake...I'm thinking a pastery chef in the family might be on the horizon. Better get out the treadmill!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debra I'm with you. I LOVE to bake! I did a small cookbook that I sold for breast cancer fundraising many years ago and started a one-year-only little baking business that I had to rppe my sister into b/c I had so many orders. Memories! I can't believe I've never seen Cupcake Wars, I'm going to have to look for that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea's from great Artists' How about changing your name to Great Artists'
    The Drapery Lady

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cupcake Wars is on Tues. at 9pm. They make some C-R-A-Z-Y cupcakes on that show! And the judges are serious about their cupckaes. They critique every aspect of them. Some of the combos are quite unusual. Many of them sound heavenly. I need taste-o-vision!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm definitely going to have to check that out Deb! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Did I ever tell you how much I love your comments? I really do love hearing your thoughts after reading posts? Lets me know people are reading and helps us keep the conversation going!! ~ Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Craftsmanship: custom artistry by hand

Craftsmanship: custom artistry by hand
At Storibook Designs we create custom designs by hand; here it is not just sewing, it is art!